Tuesday, June 22, 2004

The doubts

Today it was a day of reflection. I am putting the General aside and I am thinking of different stuff. Let me be honest. I'll try.

OK. When I started this blog, I was convinced by my forest friend, who spent nearly two months of his valuable time talking to me about the importance of the net. At last, last week, I don't know what happened to me. I was convinced. What do I feel now after starting to put some shit on the net? At the beginning I said "Let me be honest". Again, I will try.

Honestly, I am more confused. Where I come from, the freedom of speech is like a far away star in our blue African sky. I am confused. What does it mean, freedom of speech? Has it a limit? Is there anybody out there who can answer?

1 comment:

beev said...

It doesn't matter what you say. It's what you don't say that counts. You are free to think anything you like. You can say anything you like. But you may choose not to say out loud everything that you think. It's called 'using discretion'.

If you are angry about something, it is usually because you don't know the full facts. Somebody who knows exactly what needs to be done or said, to achieve the desired result, will do so so calmly and with infinite patience.