Saturday, July 29, 2006

The chorus girl in a museum 2006 by Ras Babi

Who is in the play?
The chorus girl- Musa
Any woman: is a woman
Allan:a lost case
A police woman
A police man
Scene (1)
[in the bed]
any woman voice:
When she first heard the knocking, The Chorus Girl said:
The Chorus Girl:
"It must be one of the girls"
any woman:
But she was wrong, she never thought of anyone else, or that something different would happen in her life...
And when He heard the knocking, he jumped from the bed and ran straight to the bathroom...
The Chorus Girl:
"I am going to open the door"
[She moves from the bed]
any woman:
The summer is knocking on the door...
The cold wind is taking it back to the winter...
The weather is no longer as it used to be, the four seasons are mixed up, and it could snow during July while the people are having fun by the sea side....
The summer and the hot sun bring new chances, changes and movements into our miserable life...
Allan:
(He is telling us, from behind the bathroom door)
This war must stop because...
It carries with it our auto-destruct virus...
Most of the ordinary people lost their hope...
They have been waiting for so long, expecting...
Tomorrow will bring a peaceful future, in many places around the globe the negative energy took over...
The war left behind complete destruction; everyone lost a dear one...
And drunk from the glass of the conquerors, till the wine reached the bones ...
if not because of news and some of the birds that escaped from the fields of death...
The west will never know what is happening on the other side of the wall...
[Then, we hear the strong knocking again]
Allan:
(From behind the bathroom door)
are you expecting someone?
I do not expect a soul...
Do not open the door...
[We see smoke filling the place, we hear music, then shouting and screaming, the light goes off]
Scene (2)
[ in a museum]
any woman:
A museum, somehow the place is unique. A free space for art, for every one to show their art, to express themselves in a positive way, is a place where the positive energy can find the right place for it to travel with good vibe.
Allan is one of those, who felt in love with the place the first time he stepped in
He gave it all his love and energy
He believes in the magic that fills it.
He is there every day having his usual cup of tea
one day while he was traveling through the papers, a lady stepped, she walks straight to where he was sitting, he stands up, smelling the place around him, when she becomes very close he asks her;
Allan:
what is that.?
I know that smell
I am a wake!!!
I am not dreaming!!!
Musa:
dream on, it is art that you dream on...
Allan:
I know you
You are the goddess of inspiration
[He collapses on the chair, she sits opposite him, and she touches him on his face and say]

Musa:
Wake up, dream on, open your eyes, see and say something

[He opens his eyes, he takes the paper from the table, and he reads through it, he stays calm for seconds then he says]

Allan:
The people in my home land die like the contaminated chickens...
You see...
I know these people...
These are my parents...
The chorus Girl:
Oh my dear I feel..
I am really sorry...
Allan:
(Covering his face with his hands)
I want to cry...
I want the tears to come out of my dry eyes...
My eyes are like a great desert And my heart is useless, it does not...
The Girl:
[Offering her hand]
my name is Musa, what is yours?
Allan:
What would be of me if I had not met you tonight?
I have been waiting for so long, sometimes I smell you around
I know .
You make sense of my existence, and you give my life meaning...
Musa:
Very beautiful...
Allan:
you are my piece of peace
My name is Allan...
I feel but I can not..
I want to cry...
Can a man cry...?
Do tears test the same?
Musa:
tears have different taste...
you are already crying.
You do not have to feel shame....
Men can cry...
Come closer hold on to me And we will cry together...
I have a lot of tears kept deep inside my heart...
You do not Know how much I...
{They hold on to each other, they cry, they cry for themselves, they cry for us and the light turns off}


Scene (3)
[ same place]
.... The people are waiting for the chorus girl
We hear any woman saying
any woman:
Call on Apollon Moussagets
The daughters of Zeus....
on each one of them
Oh Aoide!!!
Oh Melete!!!
Oh Mneme!!!
We call on you
to inspire the leaders
The very powerful ones....
The most influential beings....
STOP...
there is no wisdom in killing And damaging mother earth....
Come come
Then go...
Clio is witnessing the shame...
Thalia is crying out of pain...
Calliope is hiding from the rain....

Suddenly
Allan stands from among the crowd, he recites...


Allan:
Erato, love me like my mother earth
Melpomene, tons and tons of electrons ...
Polyhymnia, here we are...
Dancing out of passion
Terpsichore show me the path
Euterpe watch who is fast
Urania any idea ...
Any idea...
I really want this war to stop,
We are doing well, and we need more people to join in...
War affects us all, we know it is a great business for some, but, the majority do not want it, we have to.....,
Ok!!! I will leave you for some dance and music....
Thanks a lot....
[He sits down]
[In stead of singing the chorus girl is dancing
the music comes from under our feet, it carries with it the energy of the earth, when it takes place, we hear Peter Tosh singing, he calls on Christopher Columbus, the slaves masters and others to stand up and face the judge, The Chorus girl enters the stage with her mouth shut and her hands tied, she dances like a dying bird, when the painful dance comes to its end, the light turned off]


Scene (4)
[in front of the mirror]
Allan is a wake he is standing in front of a mirror....
Allan:
She is young
The years have no affect on her...
She is so beautiful, warm, fresh, and elegant
Such a wonderful creature
The mother earth gave no birth to any one like Musa
A unique symphony an opera
There is no mason or any artist
Who can ever dare or even try
To join the dots that protected her smooth body...
Among her sisters, the nine daughters of Zeus
She is the one, the only one
Who can inspire peace and love together
At the same time
How much I love her...
And loved the earth on which she walks....
[She is lying on her bed sleeping, he walks to her, he is sitting on a chair opposite to her, he holds her hand, she woke up, he kisses her on the front, and then he says]

Allan:
Sometimes....
We think we are free...
We forget...
How birds..
need to change trees
Seeking safety...
water of the blue sea ..
help me
help me
I need safety...
my dance is for you
(sweet music(FLY LIKE AN EAGLE, UP UP TO THE SKY...) takes control,he dances around the room, she watches him, when he finishes his dancing, she says to him :)
Musa:
That night she was there watching you
(He sits, he asks :)
Allan:
What night?
And who was there!!!?
Musa:
The anti-war night, your wife was there listening
Allan:
My wife!!! The anti-war night
What war!!!?
Musa:
She told me; when she was younger and better-looking, her voice was sweeter and stronger... She said: you adored her
Allan:
It is intolerably hot and humid, a storm is brewing, that is what the news says, and this time they got it right, it is the hottest day, last July was different
I am sweating
There is my wife, who must be
And there is a war
(She moves from the bed, he walks to her, they hugged)
Musa:
She said: you did not recognize her
(She walks away from him)
Allan:
And where is she now, what is her name?
Do I have children?
{Strong knocking}
Allan:
Who is that?
Musa:
Maybe that is her
I gave her the address
She said they are looking for you
{Strong knocking}
Allan:
Who are they!!!?
Am I wanted!!!?
Am I a criminal of war!!!?
Musa:
Oh my dear, you are such a peaceful being
Even an ant can eat your food; I am going to open the door
Police woman:
Please open the door, we know you are inside
we can hear you
Musa:
I am going to open the door...
Allan:
Open it
It is really hot
Bitterness ...
Bitterness...
How can just a man
handle it...
{She opens the door, a police man and a police woman, come in}
A policeman:
(Very politely)
Sir, are you Allan ?
Allan:
Yes sir, my name is Allan...?
Police woman:
Do you know Rebecc?
Allan:
Rebecca!!!
Rebecca killed herself
That is how the story ended; I have read the book, when I was in the school
{Musa walks to him she holds his hands, she helps him to sit}
Allan:
We should invite the lady and the gentleman for water, please sit down, make yourself at home.
Musa:
I will bring the water, stay here; I will be back soon.
Allan:
(To the officers)
This woman
This woman
Heaven is under her feet
Like my mother
Mother earth
[The police lady approaches him saying ]
Police woman:
Mr Allan, I would like you to listen to us carefully
Police man:
Do you want to know why we are here?
Allan:
We are in a free country
You are officers; I guess it is something to do with
{Musa enters with two glasses of water, she says}

Musa:
Allan, dear are you alright?

[He takes the water from her he offers it to the officers, and then he says]

Allan:
Yes I want to know

The police woman:
Lets go back to Rebecca, your wife

The police man:
She is well and safe
What we know she was trying to find you, to tell you.

Police woman:
as you know there is no more war in your home land, the home office decided to send you back home...

Musa
(she holds his hands)
He has no home
His home is gone
[Allan stands up, he walks to the officers, he fells to his knees, he holds on the officers shoes, he says]

Allan:
please officers, I beg you do not send me back
This is my home
I have nowhere to go.

[Musa walks to him, she helps him to stand up, she says]

Musa:
Stands up my darling, I know the war is not over

The police man:
Sir you must come with us

Allan:
bitterness...
Bitterness...
I feel the pain
Running in my brain
Through it is self
I will cure my bitterness
myself...
There is only one way
for my bitterness
More bitterness
Not with sweetness.
oh bitterness...
[Then he says to the officers]

Allan:
Two minutes...
please just give me two minutes,I need to change my cloth and I will follow you

The police woman:
No problems we will wait for you

Allan:
thank you...

[He leaves the place]

Suddenly
They hear a gun shot

Musa:
He killed himself
He killed himself

The police man runs in side he comes back, he says

Police man:
It is true he shot himself

Musa:
where did he find the gun?
There is no gone in our house.

The officers :
( with one voice)
The man has gone, the guns are everywhere

Musa:
he has gone...
[Strong knocking]

A woman voice:
Please open the door, it is important...
A police man:
maybe that is her....
A police woman:
That could be any woman....
Any woman:
remember what Anton said....
the short story goes like this...
ONE day when she was younger and better-looking, and when her voice was stronger, Nikolay Petrovitch Kolpakov, her adorer, was sitting in the outer room in her summer villa. It was intolerably hot and stifling. Kolpakov, who had just dined and drunk a whole bottle of inferior port, felt ill-humored and out of sorts. Both were bored and waiting for the heat of the day to be over in order to go for a walk.
All at once there was a sudden ring at the door. Kolpakov, who was sitting with his coat off, in his slippers, jumped up and looked inquiringly at Pasha.
"It must be the postman or one of the girls," said the singer.
Kolpakov did not mind being found by the postman or Pasha's lady friends, but by way of precaution gathered up his clothes and went into the next room, while Pasha ran to open the door. To her great surprise in the doorway stood, not the postman and not a girl friend, but an unknown woman, young and beautiful, who was dressed like a lady, and from all outward signs was one.
The stranger was pale and was breathing heavily as though she had been running up......
That is that.

[Light turned off]

No comments: