Thursday, July 27, 2006

The fire is burning- the middle east is wailing

Crying....
wailing...
are you there?
I am suffering...
last night ...
I saw a child
shaking
shaking
his hand was shaking
children are the same
no matter what color
no matter what religion
the innocent ones are crying
women are wailing
where are you?
men are out of control...
call
call
call
are you listening?
there is a war going on
a new arms deal is happening
what a bout us?
did you forget....?
died ...
die....
dying...
too easily ...
why ?

2 comments:

Unknown said...

I came across your blog site and wanted to tell you I appreciate your writings. I live in Texas,U.S.A. and cannot begin to understand your conditions. I can however understand the anguish of loss as my 5 month old grandson was suddenly taken two months ago. It wasn't a major event when considering the suffering and destruction taking place around the world but it certainly has awakened my senses and question even more than I did before the reasons for things. The eternal question "Why?" continues to go unanswered. Since there is no order, chaos has stricken the landscape and people's hearts have been corrupted so that countless lives are erased with impunity. The Sudan is yet another prime example of the level of evil our species is capable of carrying out on their own kind. I wish for peace in your heart through your trials.

Unknown said...

I came across your blog and wanted to tell you I think this posting is powerful. I reside in Texas, U.S.A. and couldn't fully understand the conditions of life in the Sudan. I do however understand the feelings of needless loss as my five and a half month old grandson was recently taken and we were left with the emptiness death brings to the door. The "why" can never be answered and is present with you because so much death and suffering is being caused by fellow humans.