Friday, July 20, 2007

The Dream Hunters/ read a mini play by ras Babi/who bought the Forest?end of the war, and the death of Babylon.

The lonely scene:

a voice [from a radio]:
In the dreaming...
in your dream
you can have what you want
every thing is possible....
[strong drumming and smoke, radio stops]

crowd:[shouting and moving their hands up and down]
Hallelujah
Hallelujah
Hera
hora
Aura
hols
mullah
the Media is around
here
here
blah
blah
blah

[a clown enters the place riding his feet, when the crowd sees him, they keep calm, he moves around the place, sniffing it, then, suddenly he says]

clown:
seekers
sect
scat
sec ta
what is your story ugly ones?
what kind of conspiracy is going on here?
aha
yum
bum
cum
tell me, what is going on?
I know you do not know..., till I teach you...

crowd:
teach us
educate us
tell us who is our new master?
can we buy our freedom?
how much does it cost?

crown:
peace talk
make peace
why do you fukkk?
if you want to fart....
use condoms...
do as your Mamie tells you
and this place will smell excellent, excellencies!!!
do not you understand?
if you do not...
ask for help
we are here to help you...
we love smooth stuff
now...
I forgot
any volunteer
ask me again,you will find your answers...

crowd:[shouting]
who is our new master?
who bought us?

clown:
sorry!!!
I did not mean U.G.L.Y.
I wanted to ask...
are you angry?

crowd:
blah
blah
blah

clown:
freedom of speech...
...it is your right
enjoy it...
you have no chains
you can leave if you want...

[loud music,meaning while, the crowd leaves the place]

clown:
stupid ones...,bye...
take care...
they never let me finish...
free information
for free...
newspapers for free
latest news...
the death of Babylon
who bought the forest cafe?
end of peace talk in Darfur...
[he looks around, he start collect the dreams they left behind]

radio:
sleep...
sleep...
your feet are cold
come closer...
let me heat you up
dream with me
dream for me
and sing
my sweet dream
my sweat dream
in my dream
we built a new free space for art
for free
we fathered the forest Drama
for free
we cleaned the dishes
for free
dream with me
never let go
funny thing
what a dream
I must make my self
up
up
dreamer
time to go home
Hasta manana
[the radio farts, laughs, he leaves the Forest Cafe]

{end of light}

No comments: