Thursday, August 07, 2008

Fringe 8/2008 Siding the people in Tibet and Darfur

A voice:
where do you stand?
what do you think of it?
do you think we are weak because we believe in peace?

Tibet:
Peace is like the sweetest dream
Peace is like water
is like love
I do need peace

Darfur:
I have been raped
tortured
I am dying from inside
I do need peace

China:
the mountains are mine
the rivers are mine
your blood is mine
you are mine

Sudan:
Salute to the leader
to the general
the Saviour of the the land
the general is mine

a voice:
we are not weak
we are peaceful ones
we are using our pens
you are using your guns
siding my people in Tibet and Darfur
I am ras babi de Sudan
of Sudan.

1 comment:

Simon Hodges said...

Yes;
Ras Babi Babiker;
Top corner of the door;
I do need peace;
The wailing child needs put to rest;
Feel no need to cry but to say I am blessed;
Give me what I need;
I forgot;
Will you remember for me?;
What child was never told;
He wasn't told;
These dramas;
Wasn't told;
These words;
He cries;
My silence does not feed;
I have forgotten how to speak;
To touch;
To warm;
will you rememeber my voice for me Ras Babi Babiker?;
In his cries;
Burning heart;
Scolding me;
Furnace roar;
Offends;
I no longer burn;
My skin is too heavy;
Will you touch it for me?;
Tell me how it feels?
The heat?;
The cries?;
Yes;
Ras Babi Babiker;
Top corner of the door;
I do need peace.